Power and Handling
The C-MAX Hybrid and the C-MAX Energi Plug-In-Hybrid do more than optimize efficiency. Features such as standard electric power-assisted steering, independent rear suspension and standard stabilizer bars contribute to ride quality. And the standard electronically controlled continuously variable transmission eliminates the noticeable upshifts and downshifts of conventional transmissions, providing a seamless driving experience.
The C-MAX Hybrid and C-MAX Energi Plug-In Hybrid are more than just efficient. In addition to providing a comfortable and accommodating interior with a number of available amenities, these hybrids are very versatile. For example, if you need cargo room on demand, the rear seats can be folded for storage room on demand. There are even hidden compartments in the footwell of the second row. Just one of several clever features in these clever vehicles.
Both the C-MAX Hybrid and the C-MAX Energi Plug-In Hybrid offer a number of standard and optional exterior features. In addition to being stylish, these features add even more to a vehicle that delivers utility, versatility and efficiency.
The C-Max Hybrid and the C-MAX Energi Plug-In Hybrid include occupant-protection and collision-avoidance features.
A group of options, usually related in function (i.e. a group of exterior trim items) are often offered as a "package," saving you money compared with buying the items individually. An "Equipment Group" vehicle is like an option package on a larger scale. Equipment Groups are based on the most popular combination of features for a particular model. The number of buildable combinations is significantly reduced, and so is the cost - another way to save you money.
Hybrid efficiency and fun-to-drive performance.
C-MAX Hybrid offers hybrid efficiency and more horsepower than you might expect. Sporty performance, advanced technology and modern styling make the C-MAX Hybrid fun to drive and a pleasure to own.
Next-Generation SmartGauge® with EcoGuide
- Dual-LCD cluster provides real-time information to help you get the most efficiency from your C-MAX plug-in hybrid.
- The gauge can indicate instant fuel economy, fuel economy history, odometer, engine coolant temperature, plus trip data including fuel economy, time-elapsed fuel economy and miles to empty.
- Five-way steering wheel-mounted control pad is easy to use
- Leaves grow in the display when you drive efficiently, and fade when you don’t
SYNC® with MyFord Touch®
- Voice-activated technology helps you keep your eyes on the road and stay connected to your world27
- Answer and make calls, browse and play music, all with the sound of your voice and a touch of a button
- Hear incoming texts read aloud to you with audible text messaging*
*Message and data rates may apply.
1.4 kW Lithium-Ion Battery
The state-of-the-art 1.4 kW lithium-ion battery found in C-MAX Hybrid uses an air cooling system to regulate battery temperature and helps maximize battery life.
Electric cars explained
Discover the differences, find out how they work, get tips on picking the right one for your lifestyle and more.
- Hybrid? Plug-in? All-electric? What’s the difference?
- Factors that can affect hybrid performance.
- Tips to help maximize hybrid efficiency.
2014 C-MAX Hybrid SEL Gallery
2.0L Hybrid Electric Powertrain
- The C-MAX Hybrid and C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid both offer an engine that was designed for hybrid efficiency
- The 2.0L Atkinson-cycle I-4 gas engine is teamed with an advanced state-of-the-art lithium-ion battery
- An electronically controlled continuously variable transmission (eCVT) is engineered and built by Ford
Available Foot-Activated Liftgate
- Simply kick your foot under the rear bumper to open the available class-exclusive* foot-activated hands-free liftgate
- Requires available Intelligent Access key to be on your person
- Motion sensors are located in two places in the bumper
- Available on SEL
Electronically Controlled Continuously Variable Transmission (eCVT)
- Combines power from the engine and electric motor to deliver energy to the wheels when you command it
- Both C-MAX Hybrid and C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid let you travel in all-electric mode – up to 85 mph – allowing the electric traction motor to power the vehicle, providing maximum efficiency
- Eliminates the noticeable upshifts and downshifts of conventional transmissions
Available Active Park Assist*
- Helps make parallel parking easier
- Ultrasonic sensors measure available parking spaces and show the driver a suitable space
- With minimal driver input, the vehicle nearly parks itself
- Includes the Forward Sensing System
*Driver assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s judgment.
Intelligent Access with Push-Button Start
- System senses when the key is nearby (in your pocket or purse)
- Simply touch the door handle to unlock the driver’s door or all the doors
- Once inside, hold the brake pedal and press the start button
- Standard on SEL
- Heated seats help keep you and your front-seat passenger comfortable when the mercury drops
- Standard on the C-MAX Hybrid SEL and the C-MAX Energi; available with the cloth seats on the C-MAX Hybrid SE in the Winter Package
Reverse Sensing System
- Sensors in the lower rear bumper can detect when you’re nearing an object while backing up and will activate a warning beep*
- Beeps become faster the closer you get to the object
- Available on SEL
*Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s judgement