Power and Handling
Your choice of drive mode, engine and suspension depends so much on how you use your vehicle and how you drive that you are the only one who can really choose them. But the choices are getting easier. Ford engines, for example, continue to narrow the gap between power and fuel efficiency. Technology has done some of the thinking for you.
Configuring the interior you want is important because that's where you'll be spending your time, on long trips or errands. Decide the kind of seating, creature comforts and "extras" you'd like. Find the model that best suits your preferences. And don't forget to check the packages for possible savings.
The way the exterior of your vehicle is trimmed is an expression of your taste and your lifestyle. This has to do with color, décor themes - with everything. Imagine yourself in a vehicle driving alongside yours. What would you think? Would you like it? Would you change anything? Now's the time.
You don't have to pick and choose when it comes to safety. Focus is well equipped with an impressive list of safety features.
A group of options, usually related in function (i.e. a group of exterior trim items) are often offered as a "package," saving you money compared with buying the items individually. A "Equipment Group" vehicle is like an option package on a larger scale. Equipment Groups are based on the most popular combination of features for a particular model. The number of buildable combinations is significantly reduced, and so is the cost - another way to save you money.
Powered exclusively by a lithium-ion battery, the 2014 Ford Focus Electric has an EPA-estimated rating of 110 city MPGe.* The Focus Electric is now available to own at one of our Certified Electric Vehicle (EV) Dealers. Ask your tax advisor to see if you may be eligible for a federal tax credit of up to $7,500 for this vehicle. There may also be state and local tax incentives.
*Actual mileage will vary. MPGe is the EPA equivalent measure of gasoline fuel efficiency for electric mode operation.
Enjoy Gas-Free Driving.
The Focus Electric gets all of its power from a state-of-the-art 23 kWh liquid-cooled, lithium-ion battery. It has an EPA-estimated range of 76 gas-free miles on each charge and is engineered to reach a top speed of 84 mph.* The all-electric motor is designed to help reduce energy loss and heat generation while reducing your carbon footprint.
* EPA-estimated. Actual range varies with conditions such as external elements, driving behaviors, vehicle maintenance, and lithium-ion battery age.
Electric cars explained
Discover the differences, find out how they work, get tips on picking the right one for your lifestyle and more.
- Hybrid? Plug-in? All-electric? What’s the difference?
- Factors that can affect hybrid performance.
- Tips to help maximize hybrid efficiency.
2014 FOCUS Electric Gallery
To help you optimize the use of the regenerative brakes, use your Brake Coach in the left 4.2-inch screen to maximize the range of your Focus Electric.
- SYNC® with MyFord Touch® technology
- Connectivity to your music, navigation and favorite devices
- Also offers a unique level of customization
The Heart of It All
- A 23kWh, high-voltage, lithium-ion battery system
- Advanced liquid heating/cooling regulates battery temperature
- Helps maximize battery life and miles from each charge
- For Focus Electric, eco-conscious comes standard
- Seat fabric made with REPREVE® fiber, from 100% recycled materials
- Cushions are made of bio-based foam derived from plant seed oils
It’s Just as Smart as Your Smartphone
- MyFord® Mobile app* from Ford
- Monitor and schedule the charging of your Focus Electric
- Find the nearest charging stations
*MyFord Mobile subscription complimentary for five years from vehicle sale date as recorded by the dealer. Subscription fees apply after five years. MyFord Mobile requires a compatible 2G independent cellular network. Evolving technology and cellular networks may affect future functionality.
240-Volt Charging Station
- A 240-volt home charging station is available for purchase with or without installation services from AeroVironment™
- For installation, an AeroVironment-affiliated electrician will perform an electrical audit and then install the 240-volt charging station
- The electrician will handle everything, including securing the required permits
- If you like, you can have a preferred electrician install the AeroVironment charging station or one offered by Leviton®
- Both units are branded by Ford Motor Company and can be hardwired or plugged into a 240-volt outlet for nonpermanent installation, easy removal or replacement
- For more information, please call 1-888-219-6747 or visit evsolutions.com/ford
- Helps to achieve maximum energy efficiency
- Captures over 90% of energy lost through friction brakes
- Recycles energy to recharge battery
- Specifically built to handle high rpm range of an all-electric motor
- Delivers quiet, energy-efficient ride with smooth acceleration
Intelligent Access With Push-Button Start
- No need for a key fob in your hand to unlock or start
- Have it in your pocket, your handbag or anywhere on you
- Simply press push-button start to get on your way
Hybrids. Plug-In Hybrids. 100% Electric.
Do the choices leave you confused? Find out how different electric vehicle technologies compare.