Power and Handling
The operative word here is choices. The 2015 Fusion gives a number of them, such as available engine choices, available wheel choices, available transmission choices and more.
Inside, Fusion is upscale in design and seats five comfortably. Enjoy the advanced technology of Ford SYNC® with voice-activated communications and entertainment along wth 911 Assist. The helpful Navigation System with SiriusXM Traffic and SiriusXM Travel Link provides a wealth of travel information at your command.
The available and standard exterior features are not only functional - they complement the look of the Fusion.
When you look over the impressive list of collision avoidance and occupant protection features, you'll know how well-equipped Fusion is when it comes to you and your passengers' safety.
We've made adding something cool to your Fusion easy with tailored option packages.
Power Meets Economy
The Fusion Hybrid is all about efficiency. Its 2.0L I-4 Atkinson-cycle gasoline engine delivers 188 net horsepower and an impressive hybrid performance. At speeds up to 85 mph, it can travel in electric mode.
State-of-the-Art Lithium-Ion Battery
- Fusion Energi Plug-In Hybrid features state-of-the-art 7.6kW lithium-ion battery
- Fusion Hybrid uses state-of-the-art 1.4kWh lithium-ion battery
- Both models have power split hybrid architecture
Dual LCD SmartGauge® with EcoGuide
The dual LCD next-generation SmartGauge® with EcoGuide provides real-time information to help you get the most efficiency from your Fusion Hybrid and Fusion Energi Plug-In Hybrid. The MyView screen lets you customize screens to your liking. Configurable screens such as Brake Coach help you maximize your vehicle’s efficiency. Left-side display screens include Engage and Empower modes. In Engage, you’ll see separate gauges for engine power and lithium-ion battery power and “EV” displayed when the vehicle is operating on lithium-ion battery power only. In Empower, which includes all the information in Engage, you’ll also see how close you are to the gasoline engine on/off threshold and the amount of power being requested based on how far you’re depressing the accelerator pedal. Five-way steering wheel-mounted controls make it all easy. As your driving efficiency increases, the right-side cluster display grows leaves and vines.
Working in Unison
- The gas engine and electric motor combine to deliver 188 net horsepower
- Can travel up to 85 mph in all-electric mode
- Gas engine kicks in extra power when needed, such as when passing or merging
- 2.0L Atkinson-cycle I-4 gas engine shown
Electric cars explained
Discover the differences, find out how they work, get tips on picking the right one for your lifestyle and more.
- Hybrid? Plug-in? All-electric? What’s the difference?
- Factors that can affect hybrid performance.
- Tips to help maximize hybrid efficiency.
2015 FUSION Hybrid SE Gallery
Regenerative Braking System
- Captures up to 90 percent of energy normally lost through heat during braking
- Recycles energy to recharge hybrid battery
Electronically controlled continuously variable transmission (eCVT)
- Designed to provide seamless, gearless shifting
- Compensates for changing vehicle speeds, keeping engine at level of peak efficiency
- Active Grille Shutters close to reduce drag
- Fully shielded underbody helps air pass smoothly underneath
- Both features combine to reduce aerodynamic drag and increase efficiency
SYNC® with AppLink™
- Keep your hands on the wheel and eyes on the road
- Voice-control your music and mobile apps
BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System)
- Includes cross-traffic alert*
- Designed to detect vehicles entering your blind spots
- Alerts you with an indicator light in the sideview mirror
- Audible warning of approaching traffic when you’re slowly backing out
*Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s judgment
Available Lane-Keeping System
- Lane-Keeping System* includes both the lane-keeping alert and the lane-keeping aid
- A camera mounted behind the windshield watches road lane markings to determine vehicle position and detect a lane departure
- The system can operate during the day or night
- Lane-keeping alert warns you through a series of steering wheel vibrations, which mimic a rumble strip, should the system detect an unintentional lane departure
- Lane-keeping aid actively applies steering torque, which alerts you to direct your vehicle back into the target lane should the system detect an unintended lane departure
*Lane-Keeping System does not control steering. The driver should always be in control and responsible for safe operation of the vehicle. Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s judgment.
Available Active Park Assist
- Use active park assist* to locate a parking spot
- When that spot is located, take your hands off the steering wheel
- Follow the system prompts to shift gears and control the brake and accelerator
- The Fusion Hybrid then steers itself into place
*Driver assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s judgment.