Power and Handling
Your choice of drive mode, engine and suspension depends so much on how you use your vehicle and how you drive that you are the only one who can really choose them. But the choices are getting easier. Ford engines, for example, continue to narrow the gap between power and fuel efficiency. Technology has done some of the thinking for you.
Configuring the interior you want is important because that's where you'll be spending your time, on long trips or errands. Decide the kind of seating, creature comforts and "extras" you'd like. Find the model that best suits your preferences. And don't forget to check the packages for possible savings.
The way the exterior of your vehicle is trimmed is an expression of your taste and your lifestyle. This has to do with color, décor themes - with everything. Imagine yourself in a vehicle driving alongside yours. What would you think? Would you like it? Would you change anything? Now's the time.
Safety is such an important issue more than the basic occupant protection features are built into every Ford vehicle that rolls of the line. Some advanced supplementary devices are available, but essentially, we have selected your safety features for you.
A group of options, usually related in function (i.e. a group of exterior trim items) are often offered as a "package," saving you money compared with buying the items individually. A "Equipment Group" vehicle is like an option package on a larger scale. Equipment Groups are based on the most popular combination of features for a particular model. The number of buildable combinations is significantly reduced, and so is the cost - another way to save you money.
One of the most fuel-efficient cars in America*
Powered exclusively by a new lithium-ion battery system, the Focus Electric is the first five-passenger all-electric vehicle with an EPA-estimated 110 MPGe city.* 2
The Focus Electric is now available to own at one of our Certified Electric Vehicle (EV) Dealers. Ask your tax advisor to see if you may be eligible for a federal tax credit of up to $7,500.
*Based on fueleconomy.gov’s Top Ten EPA-Rated Fuel Sippers (2013). EPA-estimated rating of 110 city/99 hwy/105 combined MPGe. Actual mileage will vary. MPGe is the EPA equivalent measure of gasoline fuel efficiency for electric mode operation.
Meet the First Ford of its Kind
The Focus Electric gets all of its power from an advanced state-of-the-art 23kWh liquid-cooled, high-voltage lithium-ion battery system. The all-electric motor is designed to help reduce energy loss and heat generation while reducing your carbon footprint.
2013 FOCUS Electric Gallery
It’s Amazing on the Inside, Too
- Comfortably seats five
- Ambient lighting with seven switchable colors
- Standard Audio System by Sony® and HD Radio™
- The convenience of iTunes® Tagging
Sony is a registered trademark of Sony Corporation. HD Radio is a proprietary trademark of iBiquity Digital Corp. iTunes is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
The Heart of It All
- A 23kWh, high-voltage, lithium-ion battery system
- Advanced liquid heating/cooling regulates battery temperature
- Helps maximize battery life and miles from each charge
- For Focus Electric, eco-conscious comes standard
- Seat fabric made with REPREVE® fiber, from 100% recycled materials
- Cushions are made of bio-based foam derived from plant seed oils
REPREVE is a registered trademark of Unifi, Inc.
It’s Just as Smart as Your Smartphone
- MyFord® Mobile app* from Ford
- Monitor and schedule the charging of your Focus Electric
- Find the nearest charging stations
*MyFord Mobile subscription complimentary for five years from vehicle production date. Subscription fees apply after five years.
A Brighter Way to Charge
- Fully charge in about half the time of the 2012 Nissan Leaf
- Station is compatible with all upcoming Ford plug-in vehicles.
Learn more about home charging.
- SYNC® with MyFord Touch® technology
- Connectivity to your music, navigation and favorite devices
- Also offers a unique level of customization
Driving while distracted can result in loss of vehicle control. Only use SYNC/MyFord Touch/other devices, even with voice commands, when it is safe to do so. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Coming early 2013.
- Helps to achieve maximum energy efficiency
- Captures over 90% of energy lost through friction brakes
- Recycles energy to recharge battery
- Specifically built to handle high rpm range of an all-electric motor
- Delivers quiet, energy-efficient ride with smooth acceleration
Intelligent Access With Push-Button Start
- No need for a key fob in your hand to unlock or start
- Have it in your pocket, your handbag or anywhere on you
- Simply press push-button start to get on your way
Hybrids. Plug-In Hybrids. 100% Electric.
Do the choices leave you confused? Find out how different electric vehicle technologies compare.