Power and Handling
The C-MAX Hybrid and the C-MAX Energi Plug-In-Hybrid do more than optimize efficiency. Features such as standard electric power-assisted steering, independent rear suspension and standard stabilizer bars contribute to ride quality. And the standard electronically controlled continuously variable transmission eliminates the noticeable upshifts and downshifts of conventional transmissions, providing a seamless driving experience.
The C-MAX Hybrid and C-MAX Energi Plug-In Hybrid are more than just efficient. In addition to providing a comfortable and accommodating interior with a number of available amenities, these hybrids are very versatile. For example, if you need cargo room on demand, the rear seats can be folded for storage room on demand. There are even hidden compartments in the footwell of the second row. Just one of several clever features in these clever vehicles.
Both the C-MAX Hybrid and the C-MAX Energi Plug-In Hybrid offer a number of standard and optional exterior features. In addition to being stylish, these features add even more to a vehicle that delivers utility, versatility and efficiency.
The C-Max Hybrid and the C-MAX Energi Plug-In Hybrid include occupant-protection and collision-avoidance features.
A group of options, usually related in function (i.e. a group of exterior trim items) are often offered as a "package," saving you money compared with buying the items individually. An "Equipment Group" vehicle is like an option package on a larger scale. Equipment Groups are based on the most popular combination of features for a particular model. The number of buildable combinations is significantly reduced, and so is the cost - another way to save you money.
Plugs in to take you further.
C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid delivers the same performance and efficiency as the C-MAX Hybrid models and adds plug-in capability to recharge the state-of-the-art 7.6 kWh lithium-ion battery. It can be fully charged on a standard power connection overnight, or in as little as 2.5 hours when connected to the available 240-volt home charging station.
Next-Generation SmartGauge® with EcoGuide
- Dual-LCD cluster provides real-time information to help you get the most efficiency from your C-MAX plug-in hybrid.
- The gauge can indicate instant fuel economy, fuel economy history, odometer, engine coolant temperature, plus trip data including fuel economy, time-elapsed fuel economy and miles to empty.
- Five-way steering wheel-mounted control pad is easy to use
- Leaves grow in the display when you drive efficiently, and fade when you don’t
SYNC® with MyFord Touch® with Unique EV Content
- Available voice-activated technology that helps you keep your eyes on the road and stay connected to your world27
- Hands-free calling means you never have to miss a call. If your phone rings, you can answer with the push of a button, and you can make a call with the sound of your voice
- Unique EV content allows you to see which mode the vehicle is in, such as Hybrid Drive, Charging HV Battery, Idle, Electric Drive and others
7.6 kWh Lithium-Ion Battery
The C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid is designed to deliver maximum efficiency by combining a state-of-the-art lithium-ion battery and electric motor with a gasoline engine. You don’t need to plug in for an all-electric driving experience — the Regenerative Braking System can recharge the lithium-ion battery, which powers the electric motor.
Electric cars explained
Discover the differences, find out how they work, get tips on picking the right one for your lifestyle and more.
- Hybrid? Plug-in? All-electric? What’s the difference?
- Factors that can affect hybrid performance.
- Tips to help maximize hybrid efficiency.
2014 C-MAX Energi Gallery
2.0L Hybrid Electric Powertrain
- The C-MAX Hybrid and C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid both offer an engine that was designed for hybrid efficiency
- The 2.0L Atkinson-cycle I-4 gas engine is teamed with an advanced state-of-the-art lithium-ion battery
- An electronically controlled continuously variable transmission (eCVT ) is engineered and built by Ford
MyFord® Mobile App
- The MyFord Mobile* smartphone app and MyFordMobile.com feature a charging station locator powered by PlugShare,® making it easy to monitor and schedule recharging from just about anywhere
- Get remote charging status updates
- Find the location of your vehicle and much more
120V Convenience Charge Cord and Illuminated Charge Port
- Charge port illuminates into quadrants to indicate its current level of charge when the connector cord* (standard 120 volt cord comes with the vehicle) is in use
- When the vehicle is fully charged, all four quadrants are illuminated for a short time and the charging process will cease
*Available 240-volt charging cord shown.
Available Foot-Activated LiftgateWith the Intelligent Access key in your pocket or purse, just kick your foot under the bumper and the power liftgate automatically opens—making it easier than ever to load and unload cargo.
Electronically Controlled Continuously Variable Transmission (eCVT)
- Combines power from the engine and electric motor to deliver power to the wheels when you command it
- Both C-MAX Hybrid and C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid let you travel in all-electric mode – up to 85 mph – allowing the electric traction motor to power the vehicle, providing impressive efficiency
- Minimizes the noticeable upshifts and downshifts of conventional transmissions
Available Active Park Assist*
- Helps make parallel parking easier
- Ultrasonic sensors measure available parking spaces and show the driver a suitable space
- With minimal driver input, the vehicle nearly parks itself
- Includes the Forward Sensing System
*Driver assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s judgment.
Intelligent Access with Push-Button Start
- Senses when the key is nearby (in your pocket or purse)
- simply touch the door handle to unlock the driver’s door or all the doors
- Once inside, hold the brake pedal and press the start button
- Shift into gear and go
- Help keep you and your front-seat passenger comfortable when the mercury drops
- Standard on the C-MAX Hybrid SEL and the C-MAX Energi; available with the cloth seats on the C-MAX Hybrid SE in the Winter Package