Power and Handling
Key Standard and Optional Features
Engine - 6.2L SOHC 2-valve Flex Fuel V8 engine (F-250/350)
The facts are in the ratings: No other heavy-duty pickup delivers more standard gas horsepower and torque than the 6.2L V8 in the Ford Super Duty®.*
• Best-in-class standard gas 385 horsepower and 405 lb.-ft. of torque* • Single-overhead-cam design and dual-equal variable cam timing — advanced features that help optimize power through the entire power range as well as fuel efficiency • Large, heavy-duty pistons, intake/exhaust valves and a large engine bore diameter • E85-capable: runs on unleaded gasoline, E85 (85 percent ethanol, 15 percent gasoline), or any mix of the two • For power conversion to compressed natural gas (CNG) or liquid propane gas (LPG), Ford offers the flexibility of the CNG/LPG Gaseous Engine Prep Package, available for F-250 and F-350 models** • The 6.2L with the CNG/LPG package can be upgraded with aftermarket upfits to bi-fuel capability, enabling it to run on either natural gas or unleaded gasoline
- *Class is Full-Size Pickups over 8,500 lbs. GVWR. **Vehicle will be equipped with the standard factory gasoline fuel system. This package does not include CNG/LPG fuel tanks and lines, which are sold separately.
Transmission - TorqShift® Heavy-Duty 6-speed SelectShift™ Automatic
The Ford 6-speed TorqShift® SelectShift® automatic transmission is engineered for high-torque performance and dependability. Go ahead and rev it hard.
• Big, strong gears can easily take on the heavy torque demands of either the standard 6.2L gas V8 or the available 6.7L Power Stroke® Turbo Diesel • Fewer rpm are required because the torque converter locks up at lower speeds TorqShift includes two driver-initiated SelectShift modes: • Progressive range select: you can limit the range of gears to lock out overdrive for consistent speed over hills and mountain ranges • Full manual: you can go all the way up and down the gearbox, staying fully in control A live-drive power takeoff (PTO) provision with split-shaft capability is optional.* • An output gear is connected directly to the engine crankshaft to power an aftermarket PTO anytime the engine is running, whether you’re in motion or at a stop, and lets you use applications like a salt spreader, tree-trimming equipment and many others • Split-shaft capability
- *Requires 6.7L Power Stroke® V8 Turbo Diesel engine and compatible aftermarket power takeoff unit.
Airbags — Safety Canopy® System with roll-fold side-curtain airbags
The Safety Canopy® System with side-curtain airbags for front and rear seat occupants in SuperCab and Crew Cab models employs innovative roll-fold technology to help cushion outboard passengers’ heads from windows.*
- *Always wear your safety belt and secure children in the rear seat, where available.
Trailer Sway Control
Trailer sway control (TSC) builds on the AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control™(RSC®) system to help maintain trailer control through selective braking and adjusted engine power.39 The result is noticeable stability and control, which provides greater driver confidence when towing large loads.