Power and Handling
Key Standard and Optional Features
Engine - 6.7L Power Stroke® V8 Turbo Diesel engine
The Ford-built Power Stroke® Turbo Diesel has been a top performer in its class.* But that didn’t satisfy the Ford powertrain engineers who worked to make it even better, generating more power in the 2015 Super Duty.®
• New, larger turbocharger for greater on-demand performance • Surface area of the single compressor vane is larger for exhaust gases to turn the compressor, permitting lower boost pressure and eliminating the wastegate • New fuel pump and injectors for more power and reduced emissions • New temperature control system for enhanced turbo efficiency and performance • Graphite iron engine block that is stronger yet lighter than cast iron • Aluminum cylinder heads with precision dual water jackets for reduced weight and improved cooling • Inboard exhaust and outboard air-induction architecture to help reduce turbo lag • High-pressure common-rail induction system that delivers up to five injections per combustion cycle for optimum throttle response and fuel efficiency, as well as reduced noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) • B20 capability and clean, quiet operation • Instant-start glow plugs for quick start-ups, even at extremely low temperatures
- *Class is Full-Size Pickups over 8,500 lbs. GVWR.
Transmission - TorqShift® Heavy-Duty 6-speed SelectShift™ Automatic
The Ford 6-speed TorqShift® SelectShift® automatic transmission is engineered for high-torque performance and dependability. Go ahead and rev it hard.
• Big, strong gears can easily take on the heavy torque demands of either the standard 6.2L gas V8 or the available 6.7L Power Stroke® Turbo Diesel • Fewer rpm are required because the torque converter locks up at lower speeds TorqShift includes two driver-initiated SelectShift modes: • Progressive range select: you can limit the range of gears to lock out overdrive for consistent speed over hills and mountain ranges • Full manual: you can go all the way up and down the gearbox, staying fully in control A live-drive power takeoff (PTO) provision with split-shaft capability is optional.* • An output gear is connected directly to the engine crankshaft to power an aftermarket PTO anytime the engine is running, whether you’re in motion or at a stop, and lets you use applications like a salt spreader, tree-trimming equipment and many others • Split-shaft capability
- *Requires 6.7L Power Stroke® V8 Turbo Diesel engine and compatible aftermarket power takeoff unit.
Airbags — Safety Canopy® System with roll-fold side-curtain airbags
The Safety Canopy® System with side-curtain airbags for front and rear seat occupants in SuperCab and Crew Cab models employs innovative roll-fold technology to help cushion outboard passengers’ heads from windows.*
- *Always wear your safety belt and secure children in the rear seat, where available.
Trailer Sway Control
Trailer sway control (TSC) builds on the AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control™(RSC®) system to help maintain trailer control through selective braking and adjusted engine power.39 The result is noticeable stability and control, which provides greater driver confidence when towing large loads.