Power and Handling
With a powerful and economic 3.5L Duratec V6 engine mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission, AdvanceTrac® Electronic Stability Control and 4-wheel disc anti-lock brakes, Taurus is ready to accommodate every driving need. The 2.0L EcoBoost® I-4 option delivers best-in-class 4 cylinder fuel efficiency* while generating V6 power. Or go with the exciting SHO with EcoBoost™ engine and All-Wheel Drive. Scroll this page and discover Taurus performance.
There are many ways to customize the interior of your Taurus, including available multi-contour front seats with ActiveMotion®. Stereo systems are very impressive too, among the comfort and convenience features available across the well-equipped four-model Ford Taurus lineup. Scroll this page to see all the reasons why you'll never want to get out of your Taurus.
Taurus has a sleek, styled look that starts with the distinctive grille and includes features like standard fog lamps and automatic halogen headlamps on the SEL and Limited model. Little wonder Taurus enjoys such enthusiastic popularity. Scroll this page to see for yourself.
You don't have to pick and choose when it comes to safety - it's all standard. That includes the Belt Minder, Tire Pressure Monitoring, and Personal Safety systems, six standard airbags and a lot more. Because your safety and security aren't optional. Scroll this page to see all of the Taurus's safety and security features.
We've made outfitting your Taurus easy with tailored options packages. Scroll this page to see what's available.
Key Standard and Optional Features
2.0L Ti-VCT EcoBoost® I4 Engine
The 2014 Ford Taurus has best-in-class fuel economy when equipped with available 2.0L EcoBoost® engine.*
- *EPA-estimated rating 22 city/ 32 hwy/ 26 combined mpg. Actual mileage will vary. Class is Full-Size Sedans, Non-Hybrid vs. 2013/2014 competitors.
- Figures achieved using premium gasoline.
Dual-Zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control
Dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control ensures you and your front passenger will be in your individualized comfort zones. Simply set your desired cabin temperature for even, continuous comfort. Standard on SEL model (controls on MyFord® cluster display); standard on Limited and SHO models (controls on center instrument panel stack display shown).
Remote Start System
Simply click the remote start button to start your vehicle and the available Remote Start/Automatic Climate Control System will provide you with a comfortable interior. In hot weather conditions, the cabin is cooled to 72 degrees and the cooled seats will be set to high. When it’s cold out, the cabin temperature is also heated to 72 degrees and the heated seats will be set to high as well. Even the rear defrost/heated mirrors will be activated.
SYNC® with MyFord Touch® comes with 8-inch color LCD touch screen
Available voice-activated technology that helps you keep your eyes on the road and stay connected to your world.27
• Intuitive 8-inch color LCD touch screen lets you control many vehicle functions. Controls are color-coded for ease of use.
• Hands-free calling means you never have to miss a call. If your phone rings, you can answer with the push of a button, and you can make a call with the sound of your voice.
• Just plug in your compatible digital music player, USB drive or SD card and browse your music collection using voice commands.
• Say “Bluetooth® audio” and you can listen to whatever’s on your phone wirelessly, even Pandora® internet radio. 129
• Stay connected and you could have your incoming texts read to you with Audible Text Messaging.
• 911 Assist® can use your connected mobile phone to call 911.28
• Available SYNC Services provides turn-by-turn directions to just about anywhere. Plus 411 business search, personalized sports scores, news, horoscopes and more.129
• Information screens display the information you want in the cluster panel and center stack.
And that’s just for starters.