Power and Handling
With a standard 3.5L V6 engine delivering 285 horsepower, AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control™, and available all-wheel-drive, Edge is powerful, versatile and ready to enhance your active lifestyle.
The 2014 Edge features a breakthrough technology that will forever change the way you interact and connect with your vehicle - MyFord® (standard) and MyFord Touch® (available). There are also the available SYNC® and a host of other advanced technologies and interior amenities that make life in Edge convenient, comfortable and fun.
Edge's bold, dynamic design defines crossover style - from the commanding, large three-bar chrome grille and floating headlamps to the sleek rear curves and large, bright chrome exhaust tips.
The safety of you and your passengers has always been a top priority of Edge design and engineering. The list of standard safety features is rather long - AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control™ (RSC®), anti-lock brakes, dual-stage front airbags in the Personal Safety System™ and seat-mounted side airbags for the driver and front passenger and the Safety Canopy® side curtain airbags for outboard-seated passengers in both rows.* What's more, at the heart of this crossover is a reinforced steel cage, part of the vehicle's structural design that helps manage energy in the event of a collision.
We've made outfitting your Edge easy with tailored options packages.
Key Standard and Optional Features
SEL Appearance Package
The SEL Appearance Package includes:
• Unique Charcoal Black leather-trimmed seats with gray Alcantara® suede inserts • 20-inch machined aluminum wheels with black painted pockets • Unique treatment for headlamps and taillamps • Body-colored front grille • Floor mats with logo
SYNC® with MyFord Touch®
Available SYNC® with MyFord Touch®
• With hands-free calling, you’ll never miss a phone call when you’re behind the wheel27
• Simply say what or whom you want to hear and get it with voice-activated music search
• Bluetooth® audio lets you wirelessly control your entertainment with voice commands27
• Available SYNC Services129 provides turn-by-turn directions to just about anywhere, plus 411 business search, personalized sports scores, news, horoscopes and more; complimentary for three years
• Have incoming text messages read aloud
• 911 Assist® can call for help in an emergency, even if you can’t28
• A customizable, 8-inch touch screen in the center stack, dual 4.2-inch cluster screens, audio/video input jacks and two USB ports
• WiFi® 112 capability
• Leading-edge voice recognition technology responds to commands as simple and conversational as “find restaurant”
• Use voice commands to adjust climate
• Find the SiriusXM radio stations you want with voice commands
• SYNC with MyFord Touch is available in Edge SEL and standard in Edge Limited and Sport models
And that’s just for starters.
Click below for a complete description of Ford SYNC.
Panoramic Vista Roof®
The available panoramic Vista Roof® features a large forward panel that tilts up or opens fully, plus a fixed rear skylight. So whether you’re sitting up front or seated in back, the Vista Roof lets in more of the world above.
Reverse Sensing System