Power and Handling
Red light. Steady on the brake, your foot at the accelerator. Just beneath the power dome hood of the 2014 Mustang is a growling beast waiting to be unleashed. The 2014 Mustang takes the iconic history and nobility into the future with your choice of powerful engines (V6 and available V8) mated to a smooth, responsive 6-speed transmission (manual or automatic).
With its fine interior touches, such as a one-piece instrument panel and seat sew styles, and its retro-styled elements - conical instrument-gauge design - this pony provides a pleasing environment for indulging in the simple pleasure of sports car driving.
The muscular, sculptured exterior design of the 2014 Mustang is a modern interpretation of classic Mustang heritage. Ford designers worked to achieve a seemingly impossible feat - to give even more "muscle" to this iconic car. The result is an athletic-looking Mustang with continuous, flowing lines that emanate from highly sculpted surfaces.
Mustang backs up its power and performance attributes with a host of safety features that'll help you feel safe and secure behind the wheel. Such features include standard dualstage front airbags and front-seat side airbags and AdvanceTrac® Electronic Stability Control.
We've made outfitting your Mustang easy with tailored options packages.
Open-Air High Performance
With blacktop below you and blue skies above, there’s no other driving experience quite like the 2014 Shelby® GT500® Convertible. Like the feeling of wind through your hair? A 5.8L supercharged aluminum-block V8 can supply plenty of breeze.
The Most Powerful Production V8 Engine on Earth*
- 5.8L DOHC 32-valve V8 engine
- Supercharger with intercooler
- 662 horsepower** at 6,500 rpm
- 631 lb.-ft. of torque at 4,000 rpm
*Based on current production models, and manufacturer horsepower data. **93 octane premium fuel required.
- TREMEC® 6-speed manual transmission
- Remote mount shifter with dual braces and single linkage
- Enhanced 3.31:1 final drive ratio
- Classic-styled Bright White “cue ball” shifter knob
TREMEC® is a registered trademark of Transmission Technologies Corporation (TTC).
An Interior With Attitude
- Sport bucket seats with color-coordinated racing stripe
- Available RECARO® leather-trimmed sport seats with color-coordinated racing stripe
- Embroidered, color-keyed Cobra logo
- Bright aluminum pedal covers
2014 MUSTANG Shelby GT500 Convertible Gallery
- Brembo™ front rotors and calipers
- 14” vented rotors with six-piston calipers (front)
- 11.8” vented rotors with a single-piston caliper (rear)
Brembo is a trademark of Brembo S.p.A.
Adjustable Traction Control System
- The first Shelby® GT500® factory-equipped with launch control
- Ensures smooth, consistent and fast starts every time
- Allows appropriate amount of wheelslip for maximum traction
- Four performance-based settings, from track to street driving
Drop the Top and Step on It
- Cloth Convertible Top brings your sense of freedom alive
- Power retracting
- Solidly engineered to seal against the elements
- Power dome hood with heat extractor
- Le Mans racing stripes
- Shelby® GT500® badging and side rocker stripes
- Tuned stainless steel H-pipe exhaust with quad tips
SVT Performance Package
- TORSEN® differential
- 19” (front) and 20” (rear) painted forged aluminum wheels
- P265/40-19 (front) and P285/35-20 (rear) tires
- Cockpit-adjustable Bilstein™ electronic dampers
- SVT-tuned suspension with unique shocks and springs
The Shelby GT500 opens eyes in Germany and opens up on the Autobahn
How does a vehicle made of pure American muscle take on the road in a country that puts precision and efficiency above all else? With an ear-opening roar and all eyes on it. The Shelby GT500 handled the streets and the expectations of Germany when it was taken out on a top-secret test drive.
Read the entire article
Electric Power Assist Steering (EPAS)
- Automatically adjusts for precise response at high speed
- Enhances maneuverability at slower speeds
- Choose from “Standard,” “Sport” or “Comfort” settings
- Keep your hands on the wheel and eyes on the road
- Stay in touch with hands-free calling128
- Voice-control your music and mobile apps
- SYNC Services129 provide turn-by-turn directions to just about anywhere