Power and Handling
With a powerful and economic 3.5L Duratec V6 engine mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission, AdvanceTrac® Electronic Stability Control and 4-wheel disc anti-lock brakes, Taurus is ready to accommodate every driving need. The 2.0L EcoBoost® I-4 option delivers best-in-class 4 cylinder fuel efficiency* while generating V6 power. Or go with the exciting SHO with EcoBoost™ engine and All-Wheel Drive. Scroll this page and discover Taurus performance.
There are many ways to customize the interior of your Taurus, including available multi-contour front seats with ActiveMotion®. Stereo systems are very impressive too, among the comfort and convience features available across the well-equipped four-model Ford Taurus lineup. Scroll this page to see all the reasons why you'll never want to get out of your Taurus.
Taurus has a sleek, styled look that starts with the distinctive grille and includes features like standard fog lamps and automatic halogen headlamps on the SEL and Limited model. Little wonder Taurus enjoys such enthusiastic popularity. Scroll this page to see for yourself.
You don't have to pick and choose when it comes to safety - it's all standard. That includes the Belt Minder, Tire Pressure Monitoring, and Personal Safety systems, six standard airbags and a lot more. Because your safety and security aren't optional. Scroll this page to see all of the Taurus's safety and security features.
We've made outfitting your Taurus easy with tailored options packages. Scroll this page to see what's available.
For the True Driving Enthusiast
Taurus SHO offers the ultimate marriage of performance and refinement with a collection of performance-enhancing upgrades. Delivering more power, heightened control and sportier style, SHO is equally at home on the streets or on the track.
V8 Power With V6-Like Fuel Efficiency*
- 3.5L EcoBoost® V6 engine
- Combines turbocharging and direct-injection technologies
- Generates 365 horsepower, 350 lb.-ft. of torque**
- Also delivers excellent fuel economy*
*EPA-estimated 17 city/25 hwy mpg, EcoBoost AWD. **Figures achieved using premium unleaded gasoline.
- Fully automatic all-wheel drive (AWD)
- Activates when wheelslip is detected
- Instantly delivers traction to the wheels needing it the most
2014 TAURUS SHO Gallery
- Unique shock absorbers, springs, stabilizer bars and strut mount bushings
- Helps deliver impressive road handling, cornering agility and steering responsiveness
- Multilink SR1 design rear suspension for enhanced dynamic control
Six-Speed SelectShift®Automatic Transmission With Paddle Shifters
- Performance paddle shifters on steering wheel
- Provides the ease of an automatic transmission with the sportiness of a manual
Choose Your Seat
- With two unique choices, it’s up to you
- Charcoal Black leather-trimmed seats with Mayan Grey Miko® suede inserts
- Charcoal Black with embroidered SHO logo
- Both feature extended thigh support cushion and upgraded bolster contour
- Supportive 4-way adjustable (up/down/tilt) headrests
Miko is a registered trademark of Miko s.r.l.
SYNC® With MyFord Touch®
- Hands-free entertainment, communications and more27
- Listen to content on your MP3 player or flash drive
- Make phone calls and hear text messages
- MyFord Touch features a customizable 8-inch color LCD touch-screen display
Available SHO Performance Package
- Upgraded brake components
- Higher-rated springs and tuned shocks
- Stiffer stabilizer bars and rear suspension
- 3.16 final drive ratio for off-the-line acceleration
- 20" machined wheels with painted pockets and performance summer tires*
*Ford does not recommend using summer tires when temperatures drop to approximately 40°F or below (depending on tire wear and environmental conditions) or in snow/ice conditions. If the vehicle must be driven in these conditions, Ford recommends using all-season or snow tires.
- Intense power for superior visibility
- Feature a gas bulb that lasts longer
- Produce whiter, brighter, stronger light than conventional headlamps
Available Multicontour Seats With Active Motion®*
- Front seats with seven seat-bottom and lumbar air cushions
- Designed to help reduce driver muscle fatigue in legs and lower back
- Also provide lumbar massage
*Available for driver and front passenger seats in the Limited and SHO models.
Unique SHO Wheels
- 19" premium Luster Nickel-painted aluminum wheels
- Available 20" machined aluminum wheels with black-painted pockets
Intelligent Access With Push-Button Start
- No need for a key fob in your hand to unlock or start
- Have it in your pocket, your handbag or anywhere on you
- Simply press push-button start to get on your way
Adaptive Cruise Control and Collision Warning With Brake Support*
- A step beyond conventional cruise control
- Detects slowing traffic in front of you
- Modifies speed accordingly
- Collision warning flashes on windshield
*Optional on Taurus Limited and SHO models. Not available with the SHO Performance Package.