Power and Handling
Under the hood of the 2014 Ford Explorer is a 3.5L TiVCT V6 engine with 290 horsepower and 255 lb.-ft of torque, plenty of power for towing up to 5,000 pounds when properly equipped with the Class III tow package.
Explorer seats up to seven people and provides lots of versatile cargo-carrying space. In Explorer you'll also find state-of-the-art technology for your driving convenience and safety.
2014 Ford Explorer has an agile, fluid shape combined with bold styling features such as the signature Ford 3-bar grille treatment.
Travel with the peace of mind you expect in a Ford Explorer, with standard feature such as AdvanceTrac® with RSC® and trailer sway control, plus available collision warning with brake support, industry-first inflatable rear safety belts, and much more.
We've made outfitting your Ford Explorer easy with tailored options packages.
The ultimate-performance Ford Explorer.
The 3.5L EcoBoost® twin-turbo V6 under the hood of the Explorer Sport sums up what this unique Explorer is about. This engine delivers 365 horsepower and 350 lb.-ft. of torque for exceptional performance.* And it’s coupled with a 6-speed SelectShift Automatic® with steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters, so you can easily and quickly change gears. What's more, to keep all this performance under control, the Sport features a sport-tuned suspension engineered for tight handling agility and stability.
*Achieved using premium unleaded gasoline. Class is Large Utilities, Non-Hybrid.
Exceptional power and efficiency.
- Explorer Sport is powered by a 3.5L EcoBoost® V6 generating best-in-class 365 horsepower* and 350 lb.-ft. of torque, while delivering 22 highway mpg**
- Direct injection extracts optimum power from every drop of fuel
- Twin turbochargers generate instantaneous low-end torque responsiveness
*Achieved using premium unleaded gasoline. Class is Large Utilities, Non-Hybrid. **EPA-estimated rating of 16 city/22 hwy/18 combined mpg, 3.5L EcoBoost® 4WD. Actual mileage will vary.
Automatic convenience. Manual sportiness.
- Enhances control of the standard 3.5L EcoBoost® V6
- Enjoy the ease of an automatic transmission
- Feel the lively acceleration of a manual with the performance of paddle shifters
2014 EXPLORER Sport Gallery
- Sport-tuned springs, shocks and dampers deliver sporty handling without compromising the ride
- Unique tower-to-tower underhood brace ties the top of the front suspension together
- Unique transmission tunnel crossmember under the cabin
- Revised steering calibration for improved feel and
A bold, sporty look.
- A unique high-gloss Ebony grille with contrasting Sterling Gray mesh
- 20-inch machined aluminum wheels with painted pockets
- Dark exterior trim including black roof rack, blackout headlamp and taillamp treatment, black lower cladding, black liftgate appliqués
- Unique EXPLORER hood badge
Available Terrain Management System™
- Dial in specific terrain settings to maximize performance.
- Standard on vehicles equipped with available Intelligent 4WD
- Monitors wheelslip, vehicle sway
- Simple-to-use shift-on-the-fly settings: Normal, Mud/Ruts, Sand, Grass/Gravel/Snow
- Confidence and traction in all conditions
- Hill Descent Control™ regulates speed on steep declines; also included with Intelligent 4WD
Unique Sport Interior
- Sport-style, heated front bucket seats — 10-way power driver’s seat with memory, power lumbar and recline; six-way passenger seat with manual recline and lumbar
- Contrast-stitched, leather-trimmed with Charcoal or Sienna inserts
- Available second-row bucket seats
- Sport floor mats, graphic metallic trim, sport trim appliqués
- Illuminated scuff plates
- Contrast-stitched leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Premium Audio System from Sony® with 12 speakersSony is a registered trademark of the Sony Corporation.
20-Inch Aluminum Wheels
- Unique 20-inch machine-faced aluminum wheels with painted pockets
- Available summer-only tires
- SYNC® with MyFord Touch® driver-connect technology
- Use voice commands to make phone calls, choose music and more27
- Three configurable LCD's, including two 4.2-inch color screens in the instrument cluster plus an 8-inch screen in the center instrument panel stack
- Media hub with two USB ports, SD card reader and video input jacks