Power and Handling
Your choice of drive mode, engine and suspension depends so much on how you use your vehicle and how you drive that you are the only one who can really choose them. But the choices are getting easier. Ford engines, for example, continue to narrow the gap between power and fuel efficiency. Technology has done some of the thinking for you.
Configuring the interior you want is important because that's where you'll be spending your time, on long trips or errands. Decide the kind of seating, creature comforts and "extras" you'd like. Find the model that best suits your preferences. And don't forget to check the packages for possible savings.
The way the exterior of your vehicle is trimmed is an expression of your taste and your lifestyle. This has to do with color, décor themes - with everything. Imagine yourself in a vehicle driving alongside yours. What would you think? Would you like it? Would you change anything? Now's the time.
You don't have to pick and choose when it comes to safety. Focus is well equipped with an impressive list of safety features.
A group of options, usually related in function (i.e. a group of exterior trim items) are often offered as a "package," saving you money compared with buying the items individually. A "Equipment Group" vehicle is like an option package on a larger scale. Equipment Groups are based on the most popular combination of features for a particular model. The number of buildable combinations is significantly reduced, and so is the cost - another way to save you money.
It’s All About Performance.
The bold red ST badge promises a more colorful driving experience, as proof that the Focus ST meets strict performance-enhancement targets in power, stopping distance and more. It does it all with efficiency in mind – best-in-class manual fuel economy* too.
*Based on 2013 MY. EPA-estimated rating of 23 city/32 hwy/26 combined mpg, 2.0L EcoBoost.® Class is High-Performance Small Cars. Actual mileage will vary.
2014 FOCUS ST Gallery
Intensity Under the Hood
- Turbocharged direct-injection 2.0L EcoBoost® engine
- Paired with a six-speed manual transmission
- 252 horsepower*
- 270 lb.-ft. of peak torque
*Achieved with premium fuel.
The Finely Tuned Focus ST
- Unique sport suspension offers excellent handling
- High-performance front and rear disc brakes
- Delivers refined handling, agility and stopping power
Available RECARO® Seats
- Custom-designed for the Focus ST
- Cushion tilt, with length adjustment
- Feature a low seating position for improved ergonomics
RECARO is a registered trademark of RECARO Beteiligungs-GmbH
Torque Vectoring Control
- Provides enhanced traction and handling
- Brakes adjust speed between front wheels while accelerating through corners
- Technology usually found only on premium vehicles
Unique ST Sport Gauges
- Add to the performance driving aesthetic
- Monitor turbo boost, oil pressure and oil-temperature levels
- Race-inspired red needle pointers
Even Looks Fast on the Inside
- Sporty cockpit interior
- Racing-inspired aluminum shifter and pedals
- Available RECARO® seats with body-color matching accents
- Sculpted foam rear seat, designed to hold passengers in place during spirited driving
RECARO is a registered trademark of RECARO Beteiligungs-GmbH.
Focus ST Octane Academy
The Ford ST Octane Academy offers Focus ST owners exclusive driving instruction at Miller Motorsports Park in Tooele, Utah. It’s a great chance to learn firsthand the capabilities of their cars – and themselves. The Ford ST Octane Academy provides these drivers full immersion into the Ford ST experience, with driving instruction and extensive course time with professional instructors. This will be for learning car control, cornering, braking and vehicle dynamic techniques. Other on-track activities will include lead and follow exercises, instructor ride-alongs and hot laps with professional drivers. The intent is to demonstrate the performance capabilities of the owners’ cars and to improve their driving skills – all while having fun.
- Prominent one-piece trapezoidal grille with hexagonal mesh
- Integrated roof spoiler delivers enhanced high-speed stability and reduced drag
- Wraparound taillamps
- Rear bumper and lower fascia enhance a sporty feel
Rolls With a Punch
- 18-inch aluminum wheels
- Unique Y-spoke design
- Equipped with summer tires, for extra grip at the curves
SYNC® With MyFord Touch®
- Hands-free entertainment, communications and more27
- Listen to content on your MP3 player or flash drive
- Make phone calls and hear text messages
- Includes a customizable touch-screen display
What Exhilaration Sounds Like
- Muscular, high-performance exhaust system
- Features a central dual-pipe design
- Equipped with a sound symposer box, designed to enrich the natural sounds of the vehicle
- Captures internal engine oscillations and pipes them through the interior
- Brings the confident rumble from under the hood into the cabin