Power and Handling
The operative word here is choices. The 2014 Fusion gives a number of them, such as available engine choices, available wheel choices, available transmission choices and more.
The Fusion interior is upscale in design, seats five comfortably. Enjoy state-of-the-art technology in the Ford SYNC® System with its voice-activated communications and entertainment plus 911 Assist feature, and the advanced Navigation System with SiriusXM Traffic and SiriusXM Travel Link services and its greater wealth of travel information.
From functional to stylish, the standard and available exterior features on the 2014 Ford Fusion complement its sleek appearance.
When you look over the impressive list of safety features, you'll know how well equipped Fusion is when it comes to the all-important area of safety. Eight standard airbags, 4-wheel disc anti-lock brakes, and AdvanceTrac® with Electronic Stability Control System - they're all included as standard equipment.
We've made outfitting your Fusion easy with tailored options packages.
Fusion Energi Plug-In Hybrid Technology
• EPA-estimated rating of 108 city/92 hwy/100 combined MPGe*
• EPA-estimated rating of 44 city/41 hwy/43 combined mpg**
• Combines a state-of-the-art lithium-ion battery pack and electric motor with a gasoline engine
• Can be charged using either a standard 120-volt or available 240-volt outlet
• With a full tank of gas and when fully charged, the driving range is an EPA-estimated 620 miles** (electric and gas combined)
• 7.6kW lithium-ion battery provides enough power to operate in all-electric mode for an EPA-estimated range of 21 miles†
*Actual mileage will vary. MPGe is the EPA equivalent measure of gasoline fuel efficiency for electric mode operation. **EPA-estimated rating of 44 city/41 hwy/43 combined mpg, 14-gallon tank; 21 miles electric. Range calculation based on www.fueleconomy.gov. Actual mileage will vary. †Actual mileage will vary.
Fusion Energi Plug-In Hybrid Titanium Interior
- Standard on the Fusion Titanium, ambient lighting with seven color choices establishes the mood or sets a new one
- Standard leather-trimmed shift knob, steering wheel and seats communicate luxury and sophistication
- Standard tilt and telescoping steering wheel provides comfortable driving position
Ford-Branded 120V convenience charge cordThe standard 120V convenience charge cord allows you to fully charge your Fusion Energi in about 7 hours.
State-of-the-Art Lithium-Ion Battery
- Provides enough power to operate in all-electric mode for commutes of an EPA-estimated 21 miles*
- Can travel up to 85 mph in all-electric mode
- Battery can be fully charged overnight using 120-volt outlet
- For a complete charge in approximately three hours, a 240-volt outlet, upgraded with electric vehicle supply equipment, can be used
- When the battery is depleted or more power is required, the vehicle functions as a traditional gas-electric hybrid
*Actual mileage will vary.
2014 FUSION Fusion Energi Titanium Gallery
Next-generation SmartGauge® with EcoGuide
- Watch the display grow leaves as your short-term driving efficiency increases
- Built-in tutorials to help you improve fuel economy
- Four levels of customizable information are viewable on the left side of the cluster
- Provides real-time information to help improve efficiency
- Energi model shown.
- Athletic lines and sleek silhouette convey a sense of agility
- Bold, hexagonal grille communicates a distinctive look
- Low-profile laser-cut projector headlamps and LED taillamps display intelligent technology
- Captures up to 90 percent of braking energy that would otherwise be lost to heat
- Recycles energy to recharge the Fusion Hybrid and the Fusion Energi Plug-In Hybrid 7.6 kW lithium-ion battery
Electronic Continuously Variable Transmission (eCVT)
- Designed to provide seamless, gearless driving
- Compensates for changing vehicle speeds
- Keeps engine at peak level of efficiency
- Lets you monitor and schedule the charging of your Fusion Energi Plug-In Hybrid from anywhere
- Provides remote charging status updates, so you can check charge levels
- Displays location of your vehicle and nearest charging stations
- Allows remote starting of your Fusion Energi Plug-In Hybrid. Learn more about MyFord Mobile.
*MyFord Mobile subscription complimentary for five years from vehicle sale date as recorded by the dealer. Subscription fees apply after five years.
SYNC® with MyFord Touch®
- Your music. Phone contacts. The perfect temperature.
- Using touch controls and voice commands,* SYNC with MyFord Touch provides an easy-to-use way to access your vehicle’s systems with your hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road.
*Driving while distracted can result in loss of vehicle control. Only use SYNC/MyFord Touch/other devices, even with voice commands, when it is safe to do so. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones. SYNC Services availability varies by model and may require a subscription. Message and data rates may apply.
Adaptive Cruise Control with Forward Collision Warning
- Activate the available adaptive cruise control* and it functions just like normal cruise control— with one exception
- When adaptive cruise control sensors detect traffic slowing immediately ahead of you, your vehicle also slows down, based on your preset distance
- When its sensors detect traffic has cleared, your vehicle returns to the set speed
- Forward collision warning with brake support will alert you if it senses a potential collision with the car in front of you
- A “heads-up” display, which simulates brake lights, flashes on the windshield
- If you don’t react in time, the brakes will precharge and increase brake-assist sensitivity to provide full responsiveness when you brake.
On the SE model, adaptive cruise control requires 2.0L EcoBoost® engine and SE Technology Package. On SE Hybrid, adaptive cruise control requires SE Technology Package.
Available BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert
- Designed to alert you to vehicles detected entering your blind spots*
- Alerts you with an indicator light in the sideview mirror
- Audible warning of approaching traffic when you’re slowly backing out
*Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s judgment.
Available Lane-Keeping System*
- A camera mounted behind the windshield watches road lane markings to determine vehicle position and detect a lane departure
- The system can operate during the day or night
- Lane-keeping alert warns you through a series of steering wheel vibrations, which mimic a rumble strip, should the system detect an unintentional lane departure
- Lane-keeping aid actively applies steering torque, which alerts you to direct your vehicle back into the target lane should the system detect an unintended lane departure
*Lane-Keeping System does not control steering. The driver should always be in control and responsible for safe operation of the vehicle.
Available Active Park Assist
- While you’re driving slowly near parking spots, simply activate available active park assist* and it looks for an available parking spot
- Ultrasonic sensors measure the distance to the curb and between parked cars
- Once a spot that’s big enough is identified, you’re signaled to stop and accept the system’s assistance
- All you do is control the shifting, accelerating and braking
*Driver assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s judgment.