For optimal delivery results, we recommend always specifying a Priority Code when placing orders to indicate when you need the vehicle produced. If a priority code is NOT entered, the system will automatically default to the first available priority code. Also, please take into consideration special events such as; holidays, downtime, and commodities.
A priority code is a two-digit character that designates the desired production timing for fleet orders.
- The first character is ALPHA and the second is NUMERIC
- The letter designates the month (A = January, B = February, etc.)
- The number designates the week (1 = first week, 2 = second week, etc.).
2021 Priority Code Calendar
2020 Priority Code Calendar
- Valid month codes are A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, J, K, L, and M. Note: "I" is not used to designate a month.
- Dealers/Fleet Management Companies specify production by prioritizing their orders (assigning a priority code).
- Dealers/Fleet Management Companies may specify desired production timing for any future month within the present scheduling year.
- If an order is not assigned a priority code, the system will assign the first available priority code. This priority code may or may not meet customer expectations.
- Ranking of order scheduling is based on priority code and order receipt date.
- When a dealer inputs an invalid priority code (production already scheduled for that priority code), an edit message will appear.
- Valid priority codes can be found in the Fleet Distribution News Bulletin (DNB) and are updated weekly.
- Every effort will be made to schedule vehicles according to their requested production. However, Ford Motor Company CANNOT guarantee a build week. A new scheduling week begins every Thursday.
- Scheduling of an order depends on several elements:
- Vehicle line allocation
- Commodity allocation
- Status of order (clean, buildable, etc.)
- Allocation to dealer code (fleet segment)